Continuing Professional development for GPs and other Primary Care referrers
We’re extremely proud to be active supporters of primary care through our work with specialists to provide ongoing MercyAscot Education (CME) sessions, and through our sponsorship of Goodfellow Symposium.
The Goodfellow Symposium is designed to meet all General Practitioners' educational requirements in one setting. Past symposiums have been very successful, attracting over 800 GPs, predominantly from the Auckland region.
MercyAscot’s programme of CME Sessions is designed to complement the Goodfellow Symposium and provides General Practitioners with clinically relevant and practical education, harnessing the expertise and interests of the specialists working with us.
Goodfellow Symposium 2021
Goodfellow Symposium was a virtual conference that took place on Saturday 27
and Sunday 28 March and with over 700 registered delegates, it was deemed to be
another roaring success. The two-day virtual event was packed with
updates and refreshers for all primary care professionals. Developed
specifically for GPs, urgent care
physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners and registrars, the conference
aims to provide practical ‘Skills for Monday’ for use in everyday clinical
setting and advice on when to appropriately refer patients onto specialist
programme featured an exciting line-up, with a dedicated MercyAscot session
stream featuring 13 of our world-class surgeons. We are once again privileged
to have many of these exceptional Specialists work at MercyAscot. A huge thank
you to these surgeons for taking time from their busy schedules to educate
- Ashish Taneja - Acute Appendicitis: Where are we at now?
- Andrew Williams and Andrew Lienert - Urinary Tract Infections from Pyelonephritis to Balanitis - what do you need to know?
- Patrick Schweder - The ageing spine - what helps?
- Grand Beban and Nicholas Evennett - Bariatric surgery: The right fit (Bariatric Essentials - patient selection criteria and post-surgery management)
- Rajan Patel - Neck Lumps: What is normal and what is not
- Suren Senthi - Common foot and ankle conditions
- Muammar Abu-Serriah - What is that in my mouth, doctor? Identifying oral lesions and how to manage them
- Kim Gear - Vaping - The Trojan Horse - Fact vs Fiction
- Jacob Munro and Paul Monk - Cartilage problems across the ages
- Indran Ramanathan - Screening Two Killers with One Scan: The World Premiere of Combined Lung Cancer Screening and Coronary Calcium Scoring with Low-Dose CT