GRADUATE NURSE PROGRAMME
Graduate nurses experience a flexible programme in our inpatient, operating room or Endoscopy environments. Our programme is designed to meet individual needs while consolidating knowledge and skills in a private elective surgery context. The aim of our programme is to facilitate a smooth transition for the Graduate Nurse into confident clinical practice. This is achieved through the transfer of theoretical knowledge into quality, patient focused outcomes for consumers within our organisation. The aim of the programme is to develop:
- A competent, confident practitioner
- An accountable practitioner
- A reflective practitioner
MercyAscot, following the National NETP Learning Framework, aims to provide:
- In their first year of practice at MercyAscot, Graduate Nurses who are 'well supported, safe, skilled and confident in their clinical practice; equipped for further learning and professional development' (NETP July 2010).
- A Graduate Programme comprised of clinical and theoretical components that together promote critical thinking skills, diagnostic reasoning, practical application of assessment skills and a peri-operative perspective
Whichever stream you choose (operating rooms or inpatient services) you will be supported by a comprehensive orientation package, skilled preceptorship from experienced nurses, clinical educators and charge nurses.
Our next Graduate Nurse Programme intake will be in February 2020. Further information about the recruitment process for this intake will be released in August 2019. Stay tuned!
- MercyAscot can provide the ideal environment for the graduate nurse who is interested in developing confidence and experience in a surgical setting
- Working in an elective facility which offers a diverse range of surgical procedures across many specialties has the advantage of providing a surgically focused learning clinical environment
- Being a part of a small group of graduate nurses allows for a personal and well supported learning experience
- Tailored for unparalleled support for the graduate nurse in your first year
MercyAscot employees are well supported with a wide variety of learning and development opportunities to develop excellent clinical skills and to the meet the challenges of working in an environment that responds swiftly to changing technology requirements.
MercyAscot is dedicated to providing a friendly and supportive work environment where the team combine their high level of technical skills with a caring, nurturing attitude. MercyAscot continues to bring a fresh approach to healthcare in the private sector, based on innovation and technological advances.
You will also benefit from undertaking a 30 point course towards a Postgraduate Certificate in Health Science run by The University of Auckland.