Southern Cross Affiliated Provider Procedures
Southern Cross Affiliated Providers (APs) are doctors, specialists or medical facilities contracted to provide Southern Cross members with certain healthcare services at agreed prices.
MercyAscot has Affiliated Provider agreements with Southern Cross to provide the following services:
HIPS AND KNEES
- Primary Hip Joint Replacement (unilateral)
- Primary Knee Joint Replacement (unilateral)
- Total Knee Replacement with Image Guidance (unilateral)
- Hemi Knee Joint Replacement (unilateral)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG)
- Valve Replacements
- Hernia repair
- Endoscopic Modified Lothrop
GA SKIN LESIONS
- Excision of Skin Lesion on Face or Body (under general anaesthetic)
- Laser Resection of Prostate
- Radical Retropubic Prostatectomy
- Transurethral Resection of Prostate (TURP)
- Transperineal Saturated Prostate Biopsy
- Transurethral Resection Bladder Tumour (TURBT)
- Nephrectomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
- Teeth Extraction (impacted or unerupted only)
- Carpal Tunnel Release (under local or general anaesthetic)
- Neck Lump Clinic
- Vascular Wound Clinic
Patient Support services
At MercyAscot we genuinely care about making sure that our patients receive the right help at home before, during and after your surgery. That’s why we’ve partnered with Support Crew, to make sure that they get the right help at the right time. That way our patients can focus on the big stuff.
What is Support Crew?
Support Crew is a free and easy way to co-ordinate meals, transport, social visits or any other help that patients and their families may need from their friends and family.
How it works
How Support Crew works:
- Create a Support Page
- Invite friends and family (from here and overseas)
- Make requests for help
- Share updates, communicate and manage visitors. All in one place!
Patients’ needs a hand when they’re in hospital AND when they go home
We know that when our patients are with us at MercyAscot during and after their surgery, they’re well taken care of. We also know that while they are with us, they still need a hand at home with co-ordinating things like meals for the family, childcare, pet care, gardening etc.
We also know that patients can get anxious about going home, because they continue to need a hand from others with things like meals, cleaning, transport, social visits etc.
Taking care of all of those things can be extremely difficult if it’s all on one person. That’s why having a Support Page to co-ordinate a meal roster, social visits, help with cleaning etc, can help spread the load and show eagerly awaiting friends and family exactly how to help.
So our patients can focus on getting better
We’d love to know that all the things that our patients need a hand with at home are taken care of so they can focus on recovering in the best possible way. And so that they have peace of mind that the person who’s supporting them the most is also being cared for.
Help us spread the word
Please let your patients know about Support Crew’s FREE service: www.supportcrew.co
And if you’d like to order Support Crew brochures or other resources to help spread the word in your practice, just click here: www.supportcrew.co/resources